Concerning career counseling, one possible reason why people leave work is due to stress. If you’re currently working, you probably know what it feels like to be stressed on the job. Stress at work may come in different forms like unvalued efforts, high work volume, company policies that are not pro-employees, work politics, and sometimes toxic colleagues.
Workplace stress is unavoidable at times, but how we interpret and react to that stress is entirely up to us. Long-term stress at work can harm mental health. Workplace stress can be detrimental to businesses and organizations. Burnout lowers job productivity and increases absenteeism and attrition, and also leads to conflict between employees, causing stress to spread throughout the company and leading to the need for a psychotherapist in Minnesota.
As a leading provider of Mental Health Services in Woodbury, Minnesota, Protective Factors Integrated LLC would like to share these simple tips on how to deal with work stress:
- Identify certain factors or work situations that trigger your stress.
- Face your stress triggers by considering all situations and looking for ways to resolve it.
- Improve your time management skills and know what to prioritize at work.
- Take a break and have a good outlet for stress like talking to a colleague during free time.
- Know your worth and make boundaries as needed.
Stress can be overwhelming and if not managed properly it will sometimes lead to anxiety and even depression. If stress is too much, don’t be ashamed to seek help by availing of counseling services. To know more, contact us now.
Leave a Reply